What is a Catamaran Tour?
A catamaran tour is round-trip transportation that combines both leisure and great fun. A catamaran is a sailboat with two parallel hulls. This characteristic provides better balance and comfort than regular sailboats with only one sail.
A catamaran cruise offers private tours. As a passenger on a private catamaran, you can see a scenic coastline, navigate, and spot marine life. You can also enjoy great food and delicious drinks and, overall, enjoy yourself.
You won’t need to worry about sailing in deep waters on a catamaran because they sail on lakes or calmer waters.
Things to Do During Your Ocean Tour
Whether you’re going on morning or sunset tours, you have plenty of options to have an absolutely amazing time in the sea. If you’re looking for ocean tours, Costa Rica is, without a doubt, your best bet.
With the help of our amazing crew, you can enjoy the following activities:
- Spot marine environments, including coral reefs.
- Dolphin, whale watching, and the opportunity to spot sea turtles and tropical fish.
- Visit secluded beaches on the Pacific coastline.
- Enjoy tropical drinks and delicious meals.
- Take in amazing sightseeing sunsets.
What to Expect on a Costa Rican Ocean Tour
A Costa Rican ocean tour is a great way to see the country’s stunning coast and rich marine life. Ocean tours can last from a few hours to a day.
Most tours include food, drinks, and music to make your trip more enjoyable. As you enjoy the scenic views from the boat, you can enjoy a variety of snacks, fresh fruits, and refreshing beverages.
Group sizes on our ocean tours vary a lot. We can cater to smaller groups, provide a more intimate and personalized experience, or accommodate larger groups.
As a complement to sailing, most ocean tours offer paddleboarding, kayaking, and snorkeling. Gear is provided, so you don’t have to worry about bringing it.
What to Bring on a Catamaran & Ocean Discovery Tour
When preparing for a catamaran and ocean discovery tour in Costa Rica, you should bring a few essential items to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Here’s a checklist of things to pack:
- Swimwear: Bring your swimsuit or trunks for a dip in the ocean. A lightweight beach towel is also handy for drying off.
- UV protection: Protect your skin from the tropical sun by applying a high-SPF sunscreen and wearing a hat to shield your face from direct sunlight.
- Comfortable clothing and footwear: Use lightweight and breathable clothing, such as shorts, t-shirts, and a cover-up. Wear comfortable shoes for walking on the boat and possibly on sandy beaches.
- Motion sickness medication: If you’re prone to motion sickness, consider bringing medication or remedies recommended by your healthcare professional.
- Change of dry clothes: Changing into dry clothes ensures you can fully relax and enjoy the rest of your day without any discomfort.
Are you ready to book your next tour? Contact Find My Costa Rica today and get ready for a great trip!
We’ll be happy to help you plan an unforgettable adventure along Costa Rica’s stunning coastline. We offer catamaran and ocean tours that will provide you with the relaxation and bliss you desire.
1. Are catamaran tours in Costa Rica suitable for children?
Yes, some tours can be suitable for children. Still, please get in touch with us to manage the details and get all the information you need to ensure a safe and fun experience.
2. Do I need any special skills or experience to go on an ocean tour?
No special skills are required to go on a catamaran or ocean tour. The only activity that requires special skills is scuba diving.
3. Can I see wildlife during a catamaran tour in Costa Rica?
Yes, you can spot wildlife during a catamaran tour in Costa Rica. Look out for dolphins, sea turtles, tropical fish, and even humpback whales (in certain seasons).